Happy Easter weekend from Munro Direct! The one long weekend where no one can judge how much chocolate you indulge yourself in. Although we can’t prolong actual Easter weekend, our food vacuum sealers can prolong the life of your Easter treats. Check out our fool proof tips in prolonging and using your favourite chocolate delicacies for every holiday.
We all like to keep a bit of chocolate around the house for those rainy days (or bad mood days…) but here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the art of chocolate storage:
- Chocolate needs to be stored in a cool, dry place
- The best temperature to consume chocolate is between 17 and 21 degrees Celsius. This way the chocolate will have a ‘snap’ to it and fully release the ultimate flavour and aroma.
- Chocolate easily absorbs smell easily which negatively affects its taste. So don’t place it near any stinky products in your pantry!
- Chocolate needs a proper circulation of air around it. It’s recommended that you have at 10cm of air between the product and the walls of the pantry
- NEVER refrigerate or freeze chocolate. Because of the condensation, a layer of moisture or ‘sweat’ is produced around the chocolate. Even a small amount of moisture contaminates the product and spoils your delicious treat.
- Bringing chocolate out of the freezer or refrigerator into a warm room creates a thermal shock that causes the chocolate to crack. This creates the white sheen on your chocolate – otherwise known as ‘bloom’.
- Store bought chocolate can last a few months without spoiling if you carefully adhere to the storage tips above. However, fancy chocolate truffles or creams contain no preservatives and will spoil after about a week.
Chocolate storage truly is an art and an awful lot of effort. It seems a bit absurd that that’s what chocolate manufacturers expect from those of us with a sweet tooth.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to vacuum seal chocolate instead?
It sure would be! Whether you want to vacuum seal chocolate in a jar, the packet or just by itself, you can forget about the extensive process chocolate manufacturers expect from us purchasers.
“It’s certainly a lot easier to store chocolate in one step as opposed to seven.”
Not only do you not have to worry about the limited life and quality of chocolate, you can vacuum seal those delicious truffles or slices that spoil at a rapid pace. Now you can preserve the delicate Easter treats that can only be bought one month of the year.
What’s your favourite Easter treat? Share your best delicacy below.