We all love our mothers and a mother’s love– but how can we show it? Our mothers may make us dinner, or take you somewhere nice on your special day, but how do we show we love our mothers as much as they love us? It’s hard to buy something that comes close to representing what they’ve done. And while making something is generally more meaningful, the classic artwork made from dried macaroni artwork has lost its cuteness factor. Why not use one of her favourite kitchen appliances to show how much you care. Check out Munro Directs best ways to use your food vacuum sealer this Mothers Day.
Bubble Bath in a Bag
Create a relaxing gift bag for one of the overworked people in your life. Maybe be one step ahead and draw the bath for her for when she gets home. Gather a range of comforting items such as scented soap, bath salts, bubble bath, a small loofah and a few dried rose petals. You can vacuum seal the bag and tie it with her favourite coloured ribbon. Or if you want a more aesthetic quality, you can create this project in a jar then seal it up.
Cook Her Favourite Meal
Cooking is definitely one of the things my mother does best, why not let her have one day off? Wip up her favourite meal using Munro Directs food vacuum sealer. Maybe she loves meat check out our top tips in marinating meat in minutes. If fruit and veggies are her thing, why not create a delicious Moroccan Vegetable Stew or a Sensational Summer Fruit Salad. Or she makes a delicious casserole, why not show her how your casserole can be just as good with one these recipes to warm up your winter.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to cooking! The hardest part will be picking the best recipe. Oh a mother’s love
Potpourri is a great way to get a gentle natural scent indoors using plant sources. How about filling a jar with potpourri ingredients, then vacuum sealing it for the best looking effect. That way it can be distributed into small bowls for many rooms of the house. There would also be no need to worry about a large jar running out, as you can reseal the jar after each time to ensure it lasts as long as possible. If you don’t know how to make a great smelling potpourri, check out this recipe below.
- 3 Cups pink rose petals
- 3 Cups red rose petals
- 2 Cups miniature rosebuds
- 2 Cups lavender
- 1 Cup rose leaves
- 2 Tablespoons powdered orris root (fixative) or fiberfix
- 15 Drops rose oil
- Spread the fresh petals on a mesh screen or on a large tray; place them in a warm, dry place, and stir or spread them around a little everyday until they are dry. Put dried petals in a large glass or metal bowl.
- Add a fixative such as powdered orris root, oak moss, cellulose,ground gum benzoin or fiberfix. Use a ratio of two tablespoons of fixative to about four cups of dried material. Add the essential oils and mix with your hands.
- Place the mixture in a paper bag and seal the top with clothespins or clips. Turn the bag over several times to distribute the fixative. Store it away from direct sunlight, and allow the mix to season for four to six weeks. Shake up the bag from time to time.
- When the potpourri is “seasoned” place in a jar to be vacuum sealed.
- Distribute the mix in open containers in warm places. Add a few drops of essential oils and mix with your hands from time to time as the fragrance diminishes.
These Mothers Day gift ideas are a sure way to spoil her this Sunday. These wonderfully fragrant gift ideas will help her relax – think of it as payback for all those nights she stayed up taking care of you. As the part of your brain that interprets smells is right next to the part of your brain that deals with emotions, she will be sure to remember how much you love her whenever the aroma returns. A mother’s love
Have any more homemade gift ideas? Comment your success below.
Info also found on www.zeropak.com.au